Newly wed…and newly homeowners..what to do?
Our GC Alon’s advice to a newly wed couple trying to go about remodeling their new home the right way:
Congrats on the house…and marriage 🙂
Your game plan should include the following:
– As noted above, take a breath, enjoy the home and get to live in it for a while
– Get a consumer-grade design program, draw your existing floor plan and, as you are struck with needs and wants, start drawing these in.
– Decide on a budget that makes sense and ‘reverse-engineer’ the planned project to it
– Work on the financial side of the planned project much like you do on the planning side
– As the stars start to fall in alignment (the time when you can ‘pull the trigger’ draws near) expand your prep to include identifying competent and recommended contractors / designers / architects for your project (you are already on Houzz, which is the absolutely best place to start)
Best of luck!”
Link to post in Houzz: